Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins
In the space of fifty years, Earth changed from a planet on cusp of a challenging future to a world a breath away from lifelessness and plunged into an apocalyptic time of ecological disaster, global warfare and the meltdown of human civilization. This is the time of the Maelstrom. In this ravaged world, the planet’s dwindling resources have divided what remains of mankind in two: the urban freedom fighting ‘Remnants’ and the technologically advanced ‘Ascension’. Now they must wage war against a new threat, the invasion of a savage alien race, the Hai-Genti, and each other in a desperate struggle for supremacy and survival. Through the game’s missions, take command from different viewpoints and employ faction-specific tactics and weaponry to achieve your objectives. Complete with the ability to terraform landscapes and transform units, Maelstrom provides gamers with the power to harness the forces of nature in the most frantic, destructive, action-packed RTS game yet.
- A stunning mix of action-packed RTS missions set in a totally destructible and immaculately realised environment.
- A devastated future Earth becomes the battleground as a divided human race fights for survival against alien invaders.
- Through the game, players control each of the game’s three factions – the Remnants, Ascension and the alien Hai-Genti – each with unique identities, strengths and tactics.
- Modify the terrain and use the elements as a strategic weapon. Create valleys, carve out lakes, freeze water, melt ice, create tornadoes and even control the wind.
- Characters grow experience and level up with new abilities as you progress through the game.
- Supported OS: Windows XP
- Processor: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Athlon XP 2400+
- Memory: 512 MB
- Graphics: Supported 64Mb Graphics Card
- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compliant sound card
- Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free hard disk space
- Supported Graphics Cards: ATi Radeon 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800, X700, X850, X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
nVidia GeForce 4 (not MX), FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950, 6800, 7800, 7900, 7950
Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc. Laptops).
System requirements refers to the hardware and software components of a computer system that are required to install and use software efficiently.
The software manufacturer will list the system requirements on the software package. If your computer system does not meet the system requirements then the software may not work correctly after installation. System requirements for operating systems will be hardware components, while other application software will list both hardware and operating system requirements.
System requirements are most commonly seen listed as minimum and recommended requirements. The minimum system requirements need to be met for the software to run at all on your system, and the recommended system requirements, if met, will offer better software usability.
There are many reasons why games are slow:
- Old computer and new games. This is the most common cause of poor performance in games. Try lowering the game settings (lower resolution, turn off shadows and other effects);
- Partial lack of resources. Turn off other resource-intensive programs that can load the processor, hard disk and RAM (Torrents and etc.);
- Old drivers. Use the latest drivers for your computer (graphics card, chipset and etc.);
Many digital products have certain regional (geographic) restrictions. This means that the keys of such products can only be activated in the region for which they are issued.
There are several separate regions, for example:
- ASIA – Asian countries;
- EMEA – a vast region including Russia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa;
- EU – European countries;
- PL – Poland;
- RU – Russia;
- US – USA.
Most products in the Gramez.com have a “WORLDWIDE” or “GLOBAL” region. Such products have no restrictions and can be activated anywhere in the world.
We recommend that you check the region before making a purchase.